McWilliams Forge Company was founded in New York City in 1880 as John McWilliams & Sons. From its beginnings as a blacksmith shop, it has survived as a company by providing quality products which meet and exceed the needs of its customers.
Gradually, the company began serving more demanding markets where higher degrees of quality were required. Today, 85% of company revenues are derived from the Aerospace sector, while Medical, Power Generation, and Military applications comprise the balance. Core competencies are Jet Engine Disc manufacturing, and Critical Structural Components from 5 lbs. to 750 lbs. Flexible manufacturing allows McWilliams Forge to ship products in various conditions from “as forged” to “finished”, ready for assembly.
McWilliams Forge Company has built its worldwide reputation through rigid compliance to diverse customer and industry specifications, and by the integrity which each employee brings to the task of delivering quality products order by order. McWilliams is certified to AS9100, ISO 9000, and NADCAP, for special processes.
1880- Company founded as John McWilliams & Sons, New York
1941- Company moves to present location in Rockaway, New Jersey
1946- Incorporated as McWilliams Forge Company, Inc.
1957- 77 years as a commercial Open Die forger 3,000-12,000lb hammers
1958- Company installs first Closed Die Forging Hammers
1967- Installation of 22,000 lb. Hammer Cell & Building
1983- Installation of 35,000 lb. Hammer Cell & Building
1984- CNC Die Sinking and Model Making
1992- Company exits Open Die and Ring Rolling business- Closed Die Focus
1999- Company Commissions 12,500 US ton Clutch Driven Screw Press Cell for Jet Engine Discs.
2003- 125th Screw Press Die goes into Production
2004- 150th Screw Press Die goes intoProduction
2005- Commissioned new heat treat furnace cell for the processing of high nickel alloy parts.
2005 - Company celebrated 125 years of continuous operation.
2006 - Installed production CNC turning center.
2007 - April Acquired by Precision Castparts Corporation and will operate under the Wyman-Gordon Forgings Division.